Pics of your pups!

Christmas eve picture of all the kids.
RSCN1921.jpg

This is our newest member of the family. My aunt came to visit for a few days and brought mom her Christmas gift. A deer legged chihuahua. His name is Pepper and is ACA certified and has papers. I was hoping for a chocolate lab cause as us guys all know a chocolate lab can do much more than a chihuahua. Heres the pics. Hes still a little shy but my aunt bought him the HD shirt. Hes got a camo coat tho. Least mom has a new companion to replace our old chihuahua that I had to put down after he got paralized from the hips down and lost control of his bladder and other end down there. Oh ya, hes 16 months old. The original owners wanted to get rid of him since he had too sweet of a disposition and wasn't hyper like other chihuahuas. Hes also not neutered so we can stud him out to make some extra cash.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's a recent pic of my now 165 lb Mastiff...

He has his own couch in the garage for when it get's cold out. Needless to say, he's got poor taste :D

rocky.jpg

There is a 28" chain somewhere under his necks :eek:

Coooool!!!!!! Got a saddle for it??????2thumbs

I should.... ha ha...

I need to get better shots of him so his over all size is shown. He's a friggen teddy bear with fam members.

Nice pups everyone! I haven't been around in a while and It's cool to see the updates and additions.

Here are the two beasts in my house. The beagle is Layla (all her litter mates were named for old rock songs), 5 1/2 years old. Sophie is the lab, and she's now about 6 months old. The pics in the snow were Christmas eve and day with my daughter, Katy. Next to last was the day Sophie came home with us. The last one was taken in early December. Sophie thinks she's a lap dog, all 38 pounds worth (at that time).

We've had the beagle since she was 7 weeks old. At that time we had another lab. He died 3 years ago. Layla never has been particularly afraid of large dogs! My daughter and I had talked about getting another dog. I set out some guidelines: Had to be a larger dog because I didn't want another small one, had to be a puppy so he/she could grow up with the mature beagle and learn some respect, and had to be pretty inexpensive. So Katy and some friends were out at our local Humane Society shelter one Saturday walking dogs - gets them used to people. She wanted me to come look at the dogs, so I humored her. I asked a worker if there were any pups, thinking that there wouldn't be anything within my guidelines and I'd be off the hook. There was a litter of 10 week old lab pups, 5 with one already gone to its new home. Three were reserved. I asked what the deal was. Some guy had an AKC lab and had her mated to another AKC lab, then decided he didn't want to fool with the pups. Sophie pretty much chose us that day and we bought her. The last pup went to a friend of Katy's a few days later.

Let's see, the cost for an AKC registered lab was $105, papers, micro chip and all. She was half the size of the Layla when she came home, so Layla got to run the show. (It was fun watching Layla tell Sophie who was boss. She still does.) And we have a large breed dog to go with the small beagle. So much for my plans!

David

Attachments

• XMas09-6.jpg
    XMas09-6.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 19
  • WinterStorm09-15.jpg
    WinterStorm09-15.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 18
  • WinterStorm09-10.jpg
    WinterStorm09-10.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Sophie-FirstDay2.jpg
    Sophie-FirstDay2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 19
  • SophieAndKaty3.jpg
    SophieAndKaty3.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 21
Pete the tri-color and Belle, who doesn't miss a bird.
Both Ryman/Hemlocks with a bit of SamL's throwed in.

Attachments

• camera 039.jpg
    camera 039.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 11
  • camera 042.jpg
    camera 042.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 10
David, what is that white stuff they are playing in? Looks like foam but I don't see any on them. I have no idea what snow is cause we never see any.:D

David, what is that white stuff they are playing in? Looks like foam but I don't see any on them. I have no idea what snow is cause we never see any.:D

Yep, that's real snow. Up here in Wichita Falls we are suffering greatly from global warming, which caused us to have the biggest snowfall in 50 years. So much in fact that Layla was up to her fuzzy belly in the stuff, and she had to plow through the drift in the back yard. It slowed her down in chasing Sophie, but not much.

David

Attachments

• XMas09-2.jpg
    XMas09-2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 15
  • XMas09-12.jpg
    XMas09-12.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 20
That second pic looks awesome with both of them looking like they are about to bite their toy. Great timing.

I'm not sure which makes a lab the happiest, snow or mud.

We are having a major meltdown here. It hit in the 40's yesterday and today and snow all left fast. Now with all the water and the ground thawing we have mud puppies at our house. Supposed to rain this weekend on top of it so goose hunting is going to be a little messy in the corn fields. My black dog will be brown.

Doodleman

This handsome boy is my Doodleman Pinscher, Crazyhead Murphy. His mama was a red Dobe and his daddy was a cream Standard Poodle. He is about fifteen months old and a sweetheart. Unfortunately, he has Hip Displasia.

Murphy100909.jpg

Murphy091909a.jpg

Murphy100909-1.jpg

Murphy091909a-1.jpg

Here's my Australian Shepherd, Loki.

He is high strung, smart and wild. Best dog i've ever had.

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

Here he was as a puppy:
pup3.jpg

Last edited:
Back