Pics of kitchen knives I just finished

wmhammond

Guys,

Today I finished three kitchen knives of my own design. They are intended to be a set. I also have a design for a Chefs' knife to complete this set. At the bottom is a Paring Knife, next up is a Sandwich Knife and on top is a Meat prep. Knife. I have brought these into my own kitchen to test them and thus, they are not totally matching. Each of the handles is slightly different and the finish on each one is different. The steel is 440c and the wood is Canary Wood. All the handles are sealed with Winox Marine Sealer and each knife is finished with Winox Marine Finish. The top one I left glossy, the middle one I dulled the finish with 0000 steel wool and the bottom one I dulled with the steel wool and the added Minwax Paste Wax and buffed on the buffer. I would love your comments on these designs and anything else you might have to offer. Thanks so much. (I'm sorry the pictures suck :2::2:.

Wallace

IMG_1235.jpgIMG_1236.jpgIMG_1237.jpg

Last edited:
Well they look great. The designs look good, the proof is in the kitchen work!
One little thing I can see is you are getting the pins too hot when grinding them down and there are light burn rings around them. Don't be afraid to dunk them in the bucket when grinding them off and use a fresher belt.

I've never had problems selling knives that I tell my customers were my first of the run and used as my kitchen test knife, just to let you know.

Back