Per Good Morning America

C Craft

For all you that like to do your nails while in the shop do not use fingernail polish remover around an open flame! :what!: No kidding! :35:

According to Good Morning America finger nail polish remover, (mostly acetone) doesn't have to be exposed to direct flames the fumes can build up and ignite. One was burned while doing her nails next to a candle and another smoking a cigarette but, they think that accident may be attributed to a lite candle she had going nearby also! OMG have we really gotten that dumb in America that we can't understand, "KEEP AWAY FROM OPEN FLAME" !

Now let me be clear here I am in no way making fun of someone being burned! Being burned is a horrendous injury! I was badly burned at the age of 3 and will carry the scars the rest of my life.

But come on! We have invented a generation that is sue happy and the saddest part of it is that we truly have raised a generation that has no common sense and they truly may not know what is in the fingernail polish remover and that is flammable!!!!

Anyway so all of you doing your nails while in the shop remember it may ignite by fumes, without being directly exposed to a flame, that is why it says, "KEEP AWAY FROM OPEN FLAME" ! :les: :3:

For all you that like to do your nails while in the shop do not use fingernail polish remover around an open flame! :what!: No kidding! :35:

According to Good Morning America finger nail polish remover, (mostly acetone) doesn't have to be exposed to direct flames the fumes can build up and ignite. One was burned while doing her nails next to a candle and another smoking a cigarette but, they think that accident may be attributed to a lite candle she had going nearby also! OMG have we really gotten that dumb in America that we can't understand, "KEEP AWAY FROM OPEN FLAME" !

Now let me be clear here I am in no way making fun of someone being burned! Being burned is a horrendous injury! I was badly burned at the age of 3 and will carry the scars the rest of my life.

But come on! We have invented a generation that is sue happy and the saddest part of it is that we truly have raised a generation that has no common sense and they truly may not know what is in the fingernail polish remover and that is flammable!!!!

Anyway so all of you doing your nails while in the shop remember it may ignite by fumes, without being directly exposed to a flame, that is why it says, "KEEP AWAY FROM OPEN FLAME" ! :les: :3:

I blame women... :)

I have candles, but that's for when the power goes out.
When we use them, we're very careful about how we use them.

It would never occur to me to light a candle just for fun.

fire is a wonderful thing, but you have to control it or it will rule you..

No kidding. Remember that lady that went to McDonalds and poured a cup of hot coffee on her . . . aaaah, in her lap? - sued because it was hot.

Wallace

What I found the most amazing was the reporter was making out that we were just discovering that finger nail polish remover is flammable due to the fumes. Really I mean really, most are acetone or at the very least acetone based with alcohol or other ingredients.

We all know flammable liquids that produce vapors, and those vapors will ignite when exposed to open flame. Thus the warning, "Keep away from open flame"!

I will tell you a real quick funny story about vapors. Years ago my father in law had a pond area on his property and it stayed swampy around the pond. So swampy that even though we had tried to burn it off several times over the years without success. So one day he decides the wind is blowing he can light it off and the wind will blow it into the pond and do what we have never been able to do.
I was helping him and the way the wind is blowing I thought about something. We hand nearly a full glass gallon jug of chainsaw mix that had started going bad, you could smell the varnish smell. Anyway I go and get the jug and I started way away from the open flame. the idea was I am going to walk along and slosh the gas mix and when I get to the end throw a match on it and light the trail, and the wind should push it into the swampy area.
Soooooooo I am walking along and have covered 25-30 ft or more and then I heard it, Whooooooooooooooooooooosh!!! Without looking back I knew what that sound was I tossed the gallon jug in behind me and took off running as fast as I could go, the flames were right behind me all the way till the gas vapors ran out. Evidently the wind pushed the gas vapors faster than I was walking!!!

My wife said later it was the funniest thing she had ever seen, after I realized you were going to out run it, I couldn't help but laugh! Her and my mother in law were both standing there laughing when I finally stopped running. So what the @$%* is so funny!!! Vapors they will get you every time!!

Last edited:
Back