Parts for NWG

Keith Willis

I received my parts from Tracy today,for my NWG.I should be working on it now,however,I just got back the Doc. with this crud,and I feel terrible,and hope to be working on it tomorrow.I am still waiting on my flat platen attachment to arrive,and also some belts from Pops.It should be here before Christmas.I can't wait to get to grinding.

TRACY IS A GREAT GUY.MANY THANKS TO HIM,FOR ALL HIS HELP.

Thanks guys,and MERRY CHRISTMAS,HAPPY NEW YEAR,to each of you.

God bless,Keith

Let us know if you have questions. When you get your flat platen, I would recommend that you JB-Weld a piece of low-expansion Pyrex glass to it. The platen will last much longer and you will get more consistent results.

There are two threaded holes that you want to make sure that you keep the JB-Weld out of. I coated both the glass and the platen with the JB-Weld and then used a few rubber bands to hold it in place while it cured.

The first time I did it, I didn't stabalize it with the rubber bands and it shifted before it set up. I had to start over with a new piece of steel and glass.

Anyway, I love my NWG. I have another grinder as well but my NWG was first and is a work horse.

Hope ya feel better.

Johhny

Good luck on the build. I'm going this afternoon to pick up the steel. Can't wait.

Charlie

Back