Pants = Pooped

funkyjedi

Last night this 50 grit went super nova while I was grinding carrier bolt down to make a latch. Needless to say, at about 2000rpms, it made me count my fingers. Twice.uploadfromtaptalk1430843434768.jpg

I just had a 60 grit do this to me while finishing up the last little bit of a primary grind before moving up a grit. I had to move my grinder, there was a pile of poo where I used to have it. Lol

Also, the knife had a 1/4" chunk taken out of the edge. Junked. Dang.

Can you imagine this happening at 5,000+ SFPM!!! Take about scary! (never happened to me at that speed)

Ken H>

Did the loose end beat you in the head a few times before you managed to shut it off? :les:

Ask me how I know! :biggrin:Another reason I always wear a ball cap when grinding!

Did the loose end beat you in the head a few times before you managed to shut it off? :les:

Ask me how I know! Another reason I always wear a ball cap when grinding!
Laurence I heard you say the ball cap thing awhile go when I first started reading the forums and have never ground with out one. Thanks for that tip I probably would have never thought about it.

I had a 400 grit jflex explode on me this afternoon. Smacked me right square in the glasses.

-Aaron

I have to admit I chuckled a little. When those belts pop it's a real mad minute. I hate it. Glad you didn't get hurt.

I blew a 220 grit the other day, shot it strait back behind the grinder before I knew what happened.funny how quite your grinder runs without a belt !

Ask me how I know! :biggrin:Another reason I always wear a ball cap when grinding!

Fortunately, I was standing off to the side when it popped. I did get a nice view of it sailing across my garage. Kind of like a weird blue ring of Saturn going over my boat parked on the opposite side of the "shop".

Knife makers are like cats with the 9 lives and all, right? Well, 8 for me now...

Back