Our own Jim Coffee in "Knives 2013"

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
attachment.php

Our own "pup turned Bulldog" and the guy who brought me to KnifeDogs, Jim Coffee of Norton, Ohio has a knife featured on the Title page of the new "Knives 2013" annual.
It is the center bowie in this pic. I believe this is only a proof so the quality is bad.
Photo by Point Seven Studio.
Let me know if I'm wrong, Jim.

Many Congrats to our Homeboy, Jim.

jimcoff.jpg

Thanks Guy's your nice comments mean ALOT to me, I really want to thank Michael Omachearley and Steve Janik for all their help with my knifemaking so far, if not for you 2 guy's help along the way I would be lost, kind of nice knowing 2 of the best knifemakers around are only a phone call away. Just a couple years ago I posted my first handmade custom knife on this site and if not for all the great w.i.p.s. on here and the help of a few great guy's this would not have been possible for me. GO DOGS..... Thanks again Jim

Oh and Bruce, your w.i.p.s are always my favorite..... Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks Randy.
Also I want to congratulate Calvin and Bruce, you guy's both have a couple knifes in the book..

Congratulations to you Mr. Coffee! I've never met you but I've seen your work and it's no wonder why you're in that book!

I've watched Jim come up thru the ranks as a maker. We both started by selling our meager pieces on eBay for 50-60 bucks...
Jim has kept his nose to the grindstone and has developed a feel for the high polish finish that few makers achieve. His good friend, Michael O'Macherley, a tremendous maker in his own right, has helped Jim learn his metallurgy and heat treat chops. Along with his sheath making skills, Mr. Coffee is destined to be famous sooner than later.
I already know he is selling some high end pieces to a few private collectors. Anyone looking to get your hands on his work would do well not to wait too long before he drops into the abyss of the "5 year wait" that is so common now.

Bravo! jim

Back