opinions wanted.

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Hi this is randys youngest son hunter. ive been making knives for the last few months and i have underwent an experiment really. trying to push the flow of a knife as far as i can. so let me know what you think please.

Attachments

• white knife.jpg
    white knife.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 35
  • white knife1.jpg
    white knife1.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 32
  • white knife2.jpg
    white knife2.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 33
  • white knife4.jpg
    white knife4.jpg
    594 KB · Views: 33
I think for flow it looks good. One little thing I noticed though, is the upper pin in the back looks like it's partially on the side and on the top. Was that a design consideration? Or is that just the camera angle? Other than that, I think it looks great.

I think for flow it looks good. One little thing I noticed though, is the upper pin in the back looks like it's partially on the side and on the top. Was that a design consideration? Or is that just the camera angle? Other than that, I think it looks great.
thank you! yeah that pin was an accident really, i didnt think i would do a tapered angle on the top side of the handle but decided towhen i was sanding the handle because it looked better.

It looks similar to a design I'm working on. I like your take. I had a hard time envisioning how the handle would look so I appreciate your pictures/post.

I think a tapered would add to the overall flow.

I think that looks cool. IMO, I would have just done the two main pins. Looks a bit “busy” with the 4 mosaics in it. I also am not a fan of the bevel “breaking the back” on blades, I think they look better if the plunges end at the spine. The white handle is pretty. That’s a sweet knife.

Here's my opinion:
- fit and finish look good,
- overall blade design reflects a more modernistic shape, which is an interesting style,
- I like the rounded champher on the handle,
However:
- the handle extends out over the toe of the blade above the bottom of the plunge line, crearing potential for a cut finger.
- too many pins, they don't compliment one another, too busy (plus pin misalignment)

Back