On my bench

Don Robinson

Three barlow style linerlocks, two whatevers.

The whatevers are made from CPM D2 steel, in order to use up my stock of that sh.tty stuff.

The three folders are just my style. The two red linen micarta folders were made to see how small they could be and how much weight I could save and still have a good pocket knife. One of the red ones has only one liner, the lock side.

The red barlow with filework is now my EDC.

the D2 knives are sand blasted. One is hand rubbed to 220 grit, the other has the belt grinder 220 grit finish.

One has a mesquite burl handle, the other handle is made from cheap bone scales I've had on hand a long time. Both are sealed with Nelsonite. That stuff surely does a good job.

I haven't made a fixed blade knife other than these two in years.

I've been showing some of my WIP on these on the Folding Knives Forum on Knet if you're interested.

Next I'll use the Kydex I received from Tracy yesterday and make two sheaths.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
I haven't decided, Mitch. I just became a member here yesterday and didn't notice a way to do that.

Thanks for the compliment.

Don I meant logo on your blades, as some of your blades have your name & not the town as well.
cheers
mitch

I make my own (well, my Mom does it for me) stencils. If I find a scratch on one, I throw it away. I also try to match the size to the blade.

In this case, I made one with name only for the folders, then used the same on the other knives. I did them all at the same time.

Don ,Good to see you here.A nice bunch of guys.
Great work as always and we can always use your expertize.
Stan

Back