Olivewood sale

diverdale

Woodcraft has 1/4" x 3, 1/2" x 3 and 3/4" x 3 (all 24" long) on sale for like 66% off. My local shop only had a few pieces of the 1/4" and 1/2" available but I picked them up. @SS369 made a beauty with olivewood scales.

Edit: Forgot to mention, they didn't ring up correctly, but when I pulled up the site on my phone they adjusted accordingly.

I purchased thicker than 1/4” to allow for flattening. Generally I purchase 3/4”, kiln dried materials and resaw them.
I’m always hesitant to purchase scale materials online because the picture of that desirous wood is often not what you will get.
Hope you get some dynamite looking stuff!

I purchased thicker than 1/4” to allow for flattening. Generally I purchase 3/4”, kiln dried materials and resaw them.
I’m always hesitant to purchase scale materials online because the picture of that desirous wood is often not what you will get.
Hope you get some dynamite looking stuff!
Yeah I agree. olive wood should look pretty good. I always get screwed on others. Especially burls.

burls are too rich for my blood ;)
Hahaha I know that’s why I get pissed when I cave and buy some. I now sticking to wood like desert iron wood. I don’t mind spending 15 dollars for a set but I have spent upwards to 40 and 50 and messed it up.

Hey Dale, I used Tru-Oil. I could have use any number of oils, but I like the feel of Tru-Oil. Even when it is glossy, it has a certain grippiness.
But, you could just use mineral oil, food safe. Although you’ll have maintenance with that having to reapply...

Back