Olive tree Bowie

Victor T

Hi! I've been reading the forum for a long period of time and i decided to post a knife i made recently. 28 cm blade- 40cm overall length , 5mm thick, made of Uddeholm arne steel, heat treated at 57 hrc, all cold work. In the handle mild steel, brass and olive tree wood harvested here in Greece.

GreM0Hr.jpg

RKURfFk.jpg

Tf5mSCl.jpg

F2wdYFE.jpg

ePLVZWt.jpg

0xfckVi.jpg

XYW6Ms1.jpg

Very nice. What process did you use to darken the mild steel guard and spacer?

Thank you all or for the positive feedback!!

The mild steel : at first I rusted it using the electrochemical method (salt water and a cellphone charger) until it pitted deeply enough. After that I wire brushed it to get all the rust off. And finally i heated it on a small gas burner and sprayed it with wd40. I repeated the heat-spray cycles as many times as it needed to get the color nice and consistant!

Last edited:
That one is very nice!

Be careful with the WD40 when it is sprayed on a hot object it will turn it black but it also gives off some fumes that are not supposed be good for you. I can't remember exactly what was said, the warning was on another forum and I would have to go back and dig thru it to try and find it!! So try not to breath the fumes when using on a hot object!!

You did very well on this one the choice of handle materials and spacer material really work well with the knife!!! I like how you contoured the edges of the spacer materials. Really makes them stand out!!! Two thumbs up!!

Back