Old World Skinner

Ausbrooks

KNIFE MAKER
Another style knife in a batch of D7 ground over summer and finally getting finished up. This style looks funky but handles surprisingly well- copper bolster makes it nice and tip heavy. This is my first attempt at rope file work, copper hardware, and curly maple so was fun. Comments and critiques appreciated.
Blade- .187 D7 RC 68 triple cryo/temper hollow ground 12" wheel mirror polished, 9" OA
Handle- stabilized curly maple, copper bolster, 5/16" copper corby, 3/8" mosaic tube
Sheath- deerskin lined, Fiebings dye, tri-weave pattern
skinL2.jpg

skinR4.jpg

Top1.jpg

bottom1.jpg

SKINSH1.jpg

Last edited:
Ausbrooks that thing rocks, bolsters are awsome! were you come up with this stuff? (AWSOME..............................!)

Thanks Wade and Franklin! Appreciate the comments.
Franklin- you ask where I come up with this stuff...I bought a bunch of laser cut, profiled, unground blanks from my retired knifemaker friend across the street and this is one of them...I can't take credit for design.

Absolutely stunning. I would put that on display...if I could afford it...and let everyone drool over it. Great job!

Eric

Thanks a lot Lagrange and Pieter- appreciate the comments.
Lagrange, I've wanted to make a bowie some day to put on a stand "just for lookin' at" but this may fill bill too- not bad idea-thanks.

Back