OKCA Show in Eugene

cnccutter

Ok Who's going to make the trip to the up coming show in Eugene?

I'll be sitting at the 5160 knife club table and would love to put a face to people I've talked to.

Erik

I planned to go but decided to stay home this year. Im going to regret it too. This is a great show for any knife enthusiast although not the best for top end customs. Its the most interesting show Ive ever attended with the collections on display. This is the first time I didnt opt for a table in 10 years and already sad for not going.

hi, i am planning to go. this will be my first time with a table at any show anywhere, and come to think of it, the first time i'm attempting to sell a knife to the public at large... yikes! i will be at table R07. come say hi!

Oh Bruce, don't miss the fun! Come on down just for the fun of it, I'd love to. Chat with you.

jspak , where do you hail from? I don't see a name in your profile.

Erik

hi erik, i am in portland, or. i guess i don't have my profile stuff properly filled out. i have been meaning to go through and do a proper introduction on the forums, so maybe now is a good time for that! i've been lurking and popping up occasionally on the boards here for a couple of years. trying to make the most of the little free time i have to learn as much as i can about making knives!

-jeremy spake

I will be there along the back wall.

Bruce, bummer that you aren't coming this year. You lazy dog! If you change your mind about coming I will make some space for you on one of my tables. All you have to do is buy me some coffee and watch things when I sneak off to look around.

For those of you who have not attended before it is a fairly large show.
You will see a pretty good mix of custom knives and a bunch of vintage knife collections.
There is usually one of the members who has a great display of the old Keris swords and knives.
No telling what you will see there.
To me, it is a fun show that is well worth attending.

Last edited:
Believe me I'd like to go just to see everybody and drool on their knives. It just aint in the cards this year. Kaye has made other plans and doesnt want me to go without her. Oh and then there is the money thing. Just too many other expenses this time.

Mark thats a good offer and if I do go it would be fun to share a table with ya for 3 days!

I just got a last minute batch of wood back from K&G and got it cleaned up for the show.
Gotta bring some weird wood. It goes well with the tie dyed t-shirt I will be wearing.
....and some people wonder why they always put me at the back of the room.

bp001_zps0b8c6d1b.jpg

bp002_zps31ebe1e5.jpg

Mark, Eugene is the tie die capital of the country. you shouldn't be banded to the back wall for your good taste, we should have you out front on a raised podium. :biggrin:

Erik

I plan to head south on Saturday and spend the rest of the day at the show. This will be the first time in many years I'll be on the other side of the table.

It was good to see a bunch of forum members at the show.
I am worn out. We are staying in our motel tonight and heading back home tomorrow.
I took a ton of photos. After I can get them on the computer I will start a photo thread for those of you who were not able to be there.
It was a fun show!

Mark it was great seeing you even if i did leave money on the table :biggrin:. Our table did OK Friday/ Saturday but was slow on Sunday... sold a few bought a lot... don't know it that's a good business model... ha

Erik

Back