Oh boy!

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
Turkey season starts tomorrow with youth only weekend,me and a grand son are fixin to pack up the pickup and head to the woods!

Wish I was goin in the woods too, but we still got a few months to go. Good luck ! Sink the bead and squeeze one off !

Thank you all for the kind words.
Yesterday morning a gobbler was responding and coming toward us,he had come from a long way off,he was about 150 yards and closing then a free roaming dog cut loose barking and chasing a deer,I think, and shut all the turkeys up.
This morning right after the turkeys flew down a couple hundred yards away three doe deer came along,spied our decoys and started blowing and blowing as if the had never seen a turkey before.
But it was still a good trip,spending time with my grand son and being outdoors in God's country.
I'm a happy old man!

Good for you Cal. It's not always about taking an animal as you already know. It's just great being out there with family and friends passin it on. Gotta love it!

You've heard it before Cal, that's why they call it hunting and not shooting.

In any case I'm envious. I love time in the woods, and being in the woods with my kids is even better.

Back