Official Summer 2013 KnifeDogs Knife in the Hat Thread

OK... 9-7-3... 9+7 = 16. Here was the final list in order of "I'm in"s that were posted. Given that we had 15, the list would wrap again, or 1=16... so....ehem...looks like you send to the person under you! :what!: Precisely the thing I was trying to avoid with my overly complex randomization... oh well, I tried :eek: I guess I knew it was a possibility.

1 Mark Redmon
2 A.W. Stovall
3 TacticallySharp
4 NPD
5 lescobar
6 kamikazej
7 Scott Livesey
8 DonL
9 Rasret01
10 GrizzlyKnives
11 dereklee12
12 dswait
13 James-G
14 tedinatl
15 Jericoh

Let me know if there are any questions.

Oh.. Jericoh will send to me. Please make sure you are able to receive PMs so you all can get the shipping addresses. To keep it simple, the makers sending should request the info from the person they are sending to.
KITH List.JPG

Just one more thing.. (any Columbo fans out there?)

Once you have received your knife, please let us know in the pictures thread. Also, if you guys have any opinions on how things were ran this year, please let me know. I really want this to grow in to something our forum members look forward to every year. If there is anything I could have done better, I'm all ears.

I received Scott's knife and board in the mail yesterday. It cut's like a Champ and fits my hand nicely. It's already seen some action in my Kitchen! Thanks again Scott and thanks to Mark and everyone who made this KITH possible!

Mine will be shipped out in the a.m. Haven't had a chance to make it into town this week, but I will tomorrow!

Guys I am sorry I forgot about this exchange. I don't get on here much and just let it slip my mind. No excuses just stupidity is all.
Hope you understand.

Percy

Thanks Mark but when I tell someone I am going to do something I really need to carry through, that is what I have always tried to do. This really embarasses me to no end forgetting like this.
I hope everyone got something they liked. It is a neat idea to do this.

Received Mr. Stockford's knife on Saturday before I went in to work, got to show it off to the guys in the shop. It's a nice little knife, fits the hand well and the curly maple gives it a rustic look that I like. I plan on attaching the sheath to my leather muzzleloader bag and using it as a patch knife. Thank you sir!

Derek, my apologies! I haven't been able to go to the post office yet. Had some personal things going on along with a full work week. I will be putting it into the mail tomorrow, however, and I'll PM you the tracking number.

Derek, my apologies! I haven't been able to go to the post office yet. Had some personal things going on along with a full work week. I will be putting it into the mail tomorrow, however, and I'll PM you the tracking number.

Not a problem. Looking forward to seeing that package on the doorstep!

Had to put Scott's knife and board to work on the makings for one of my infamous egg, cheese and homemade mater sammiches! This is a very handy combo. Scott, I could see this being a great gift set! I just whipped it out of the drawer, cut up the maters and washed and dried the board and back into the drawer!

Thanks again buddy for this set!

IMG_1787.JPG

the board is finished in a blend of beeswax and mineral oil, so you know what to put on it when it looks dry.

Had to put Scott's knife and board to work on the makings for one of my infamous egg, cheese and homemade mater sammiches! This is a very handy combo. Scott, I could see this being a great gift set! I just whipped it out of the drawer, cut up the maters and washed and dried the board and back into the drawer!

Thanks again buddy for this set!

View attachment 41877

I received my knife from Derek Lee. Almost forgot about this until I decided to check my front porch.

Beautiful knife! Nearly perfect mirror polish and great craftsmanship. The leather sheath is nicely constructed too. If I didn't know any better, I would say you have been doing bolsters and mirror polishes for a long time. This knife almost seems flawless, very impressive. A lot of work must have gone into making this knife. Thank you for such a fine knife Derek.

DSC00021.jpg

I received my knife from Derek Lee. Almost forgot about this until I decided to check my front porch.

Beautiful knife! Nearly perfect mirror polish and great craftsmanship. The leather sheath is nicely constructed too. If I didn't know any better, I would say you have been doing bolsters and mirror polishes for a long time. This knife almost seems flawless, very impressive. A lot of work must have gone into making this knife. Thank you for such a fine knife Derek.

View attachment 41937
Thank you for the kind words. I am so glad that you like it. Thanks again!
Derek.

Got my knife from DonL last night... and its BEAUTIFUL!!!. I use a lot of O1 and maple, but this is the nicest combination of those materials I've seen in a long time. It has a great feel in my hand and I suspect it will become my constant field companion. Thanks Don.
Dick

(I know I said to post in the pictures thread, but everyone has been posting here, so I will too...)

I received my knife from Jasun (Jericoh) on Friday. It's a pretty sweet package! The sheath has a pouch to accommodate a Leatherman Wave, and he was generous enough to provide one. This seems like a great rig to throw in a Bug Out Bag, or as a camp companion. The multiple carry options on the sheath are a nice touch as well.

jericoh.jpg

Thanks, Jasun!

As a side note, A.W. Stovall sent me a PM on 8/9 saying that he had received the knife I sent him. Unless I missed it, I didn't see him post here.

Back