Official Summer 2013 KnifeDogs Knife in the Hat Thread

rps20130713_175620.jpg

Black canvas micarta scales with carbon fiber pins. What a mess when grinding. Holes drilled, pins ready, and profile done. Trying for that futuristic Neo-Tribal look with modern day materials.

Knife is done! Cut pattern for sheath tomorrow, then send it out for maker's mark engraving.

rps20130716_170529.jpg

Will post in photo thread when it gets back with sheath and props.

i guess im not ment to participate in a KITH. been working out of tpwn and got home today ,checked the shop and my finish room was full of water.it came in over my finish bench from the top shelf right over my blades that i had HT rust out but on all of em .good thing i do all my grindin after HT. but ran down into my drawers and ruined my log book and the KITH knife in the sheath. i tryed in vain and frustration to get the pits out but no go AND i hit the scale and knocked a gouge in it. so unless i can get 1 done in a hurry .nothin like comin home to surprises

Bummer tuskbuster! I hope you get everything fixed and or back to normal very soon.

On a side note.

I am going to have to bow out on this as well. I dont have a good excuse like a flood or act of God. Im just super busy and didnt get a chance to make one. and wont "throw" together a knife just to try and beat the deadline. Sry guys, maybe next year.

Blessings
Randy

thanx randy, tomorrow begins cleanup and dryin out ,had 2 of my saddles on their nose in there 2 so major dry and oil for them
.been dry gere pastyre dried up what the hoppers diddnt eat and then get 3 1/2 inches in JULY

Last edited:
That's a bummer Randy, but I can relate. I'll take you off the list.

Tuskbuster - Sorry to hear about the damage in your shop. do you want me to leave you on for now?

Last edited:
Been kind of quiet in here... How's everyone coming along? I've got the bolsters pinned and the epoxy curing on the slabs. If nothing stupid happens, I should have it wrapped up by the weekend and possibly a start on the sheath.

wel count me out for sure this time . this bade has cost me dearly and do mean costly ,on pride and money.
last tues i was in the shop and decided to give the coca blade another light passing with 400 and then to the cork to clean er up. verything went wel until i hit the bufer .1dumb move on my part and the wheel caught and sent the bade back into my abdomen bout 3 in below sternum. instict apply pressure ease to the house and jump in shower and check it out didnt look to bad but coudnt tel how deep it went .decided that point of impact was a little concernin g so called my brother ,i was home by myself .he came over and said get in the truck we're goin in. little pokin n proding and my fears were right ,got into inner liner . put me under and 2 hrs ater when i woke up instead of a in. an 1/2 punch got me bout nine inch zipper with staples. doc said i got lucky barely missed and weaved in between the old guts and no damage but they still had to take everything out and go thru em before they stuck em back in. 5 days layin in hospital bed and im back home gettin around good just sore as heck. dont know what this is gonna run but would say it aint gonna be cheap. REMEMBER THE MOST DANGEROUS PIECE OF EQUIPMENT IN YOUR SHOP
img_20130723_192159.jpg

photo.jpg

Wow! That's scary. Glad you're still alive. I pray for a speedy recovery for you.

Just finished my knife and sheath. My first completed forged knife.

DSC00010.jpg
DSC00014.jpg
DSC00018.jpg
DSC00019.jpg

Back