Official Summer 2013 KnifeDogs Knife in the Hat Thread

I've added you, Randy. I agree with J. Leclair.. you do some great work! I was considering something for the kitchen myself...

I'm In. But I have a question , rule three stumps me! Does the winner get all the blades? Sorry for the questions.

James Gray.

I'm In. But I have a question , rule three stumps me! Does the winner get all the blades? Sorry for the questions.

James Gray.
Hi James, I'll add you to the list.

Everyone that participates gets a knife. I'll paste rule 3 for everyone's sake and break it down.

3. The drawing will be conducted as such: I will maintain a list of participants in the thread that will be added to in the order people sign up . Once the deadline is met, I will remove anyone that hasn't completed their knife and then assign the participants a number in the order they were added.

The number of the person you will send to will be determined by adding the first two numbers of the Illinois Lottery evening "Pick 3" for Monday, August 5th to your number. In the unlikely even that those are both zeros, I will add the third number.

Those at the end of the list will roll around to the beginning. I will also make a list at that point and add it to the thread so there is no confusion.

Here is an example:
So let's say the winning number is 127. 1+2=3

Maker #1 (+3) sends to maker #4
Maker #2 (+3) sends to maker #5
Maker #3 (+3) sends to maker #6
And so on....

As I mentioned, the list will wrap back around. Basically what I will do is drop everyone in to an Excel spreadsheet and copy that list again in to the next column offset by the number (In the example, 3)

I hope this clarifies things.

got mine blanked ,shaped and Ht,just have a load on my bench right now.10 to be exzact.will try a pic if i can think of it before and after i do the bevels

Almost done, just have to choose the scales, which gets harder with each new piece that I get back from Mr. Moore! :) Here is a little teaser:

20130527_161828.jpg

20130527_161841.jpg

I'm just about done with mine . This is my first time doing metal bolsters . I think it came out very nice . Hope you guys like it.

Attachments

• IMAG0277.jpg
    IMAG0277.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMAG0280.jpg
    IMAG0280.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 26
Looking good, guys! I'll be sending a batch off to Peters' for HT in a week or so. If a couple of you get finished soon, just let me know and I'll start the picture thread.

As much as it kills me to do this, I severely cut my right index finger Monday and will not likely be able to finish the knife. I'm going to have to ask to pull my name from this. I hope everyone has a great time with what they receive and I am looking forward to doing this next year.

i havent been doin much for the last month ,lost my dad ,so im back at it pickin up where i left off tryin to get orders filled.i still have the blade ready for a finish and scales

I would love to throw one in as well, if its not too late to join the party. I've got a knife done already, but might throw in a little folding goodness instead. Hmmm, decisions, decisions...

Back