Official Summer 2013 KnifeDogs Knife in the Hat Thread

Mark Redmon

OK Folks,
This is the Official 2013 KITH Thread. While many said July would be ok even though we are getting a late start, I thought August 5th would be a good deadline if there aren't any objections. This gives everyone a little extra time while still keeping us in the ballpark.

Here are the rules:
1. The Knife in the Hat is open to all knifemakers. There likely will be a wide range of skill levels involved. There are no restrictions on the style of knife you make, but it should be representative of your skill, and one that you would be proud to have your name on.

2. I will create the photos thread mid-June. All participants MUST have their photos in the “Photos” thread by 12:00 Noon PST on August 5th. Those without photos of their knife completed and ready to ship will be withdrawn from the KITH. I feel this is the only fair way to do this. This should be fun and a positive experience for all involved.

3. The drawing will be conducted as such: I will maintain a list of participants in the thread that will be added to in the order people sign up . Once the deadline is met, I will remove anyone that hasn't completed their knife and then assign the participants a number in the order they were added. The number of the person you will send to will be determined by adding the first two numbers of the Illinois Lottery evening "Pick 3" for Monday, August 5th to your number. In the unlikely even that those are both zeros, I will add the third number. Those at the end of the list will roll around to the beginning. I will also make a list at that point and add it to the thread so there is no confusion.

I like that this will randomize the "offset" from 1 to 18 rather that just being the person above or below on the list.

Click here for the Picture Thread

Please post to this thread with: “I’m In” to be added to the list. Also, any questions or suggestions can be addressed here.

Participants:
Mark Redmon --- Knife Posted
Mike928
Lagrange (Eric Troyer)
***Cameron Wilcox (Withdrawn)***
A.W. Stovall --- Knife Posted
J. Leclair
TacticallySharp --- Knife Posted
NPD --- Knife Posted
Wade Hougham
percy
lescobar --- Knife Posted
kamikazej --- Knife Posted
***BarryC (Withdrawn)***
Scott Livesey --- Knife Posted
DonL --- Knife Posted
Rasret01 --- Knife Posted
GrizzlyKnives --- Knife Posted
***Pelallito (Withdrawn)***
Patrick
GHaile
dereklee12 --- Knife Posted
dswait --- Knife Posted (on main KITH thread)
***tuskbuster (Withdrawn)***
***HHH Knives (Randy Haas) (withdrawn)***
James-G (James Gray) --- Knife Posted
tedinatl --- Knife Posted
Gahagan
Freds Edge
Jericoh --- Knife Posted

Last edited:
Mark, I would like to be allowed in again this year. I participated last year with a "kit" knife...the only real kit part of my knives are the blades. I've started using the Jantz Pattern line of blades that are ground in-house in their facility in Oklahoma...rather than imported. Very nice blades.

Here are a couple of examples of my recent work:
IMAG0016_zps56166598.jpg

IMAG0276_zps4517c76e.jpg

Mark, I would like to be allowed in again this year. I participated last year with a "kit" knife...the only real kit part of my knives are the blades. I've started using the Jantz Pattern line of blades that are ground in-house in their facility in Oklahoma...rather than imported. Very nice blades.

Thanks for posting. I'm open to this as long as there are no objections. I would like some feedback from the other participants... what do you all think?

Thanks for posting. I'm open to this as long as there are no objections. I would like some feedback from the other participants... what do you all think?

I got his KITH knife last year. No complaints here as the fit, finish and sheath were great. I use it daily in making my own sheaths and there is no issues to speak of.

Back