Noob needs a belt grinder...

Fross

Hello all,

I am looking for a 2x42 grinder used and decently priced, I would look for a 2x72 but the shop just cant hold such a machine nor can the budget, maybe in a couple of years. Hope someone can help me out. I also have some things I can trade just let me know what you have and we can try to make a deal. Thanks.

Fross

Last edited:
What do you have to trade? I'll bet that you can build a NWG for what you will pay for an inferior machine. If you want you can PM me with your list of stuff, assuming that you don't want to put it out as a post.

It goes without saying that if you can get a 2x72 right off the bat you're better off. I have a Craftsman 2x42 that was a birthday present right around the time I got into making knives, so that's what I'm using at the moment. You can find them brand new for around 140 or so. If not in a store you can find them online. Or you can always check places like Craigslist you may be ale to find one. One thing I'll suggest is to get the ceramic glass that USA knifemaker sells and attach that to the platen the way it's suggested on the website.

I'm just getting started with knife making myself and here is the first blade I actually ground on the 2x42. Which is also my second time grinding a blade on my own.

35finger.jpg

Back