NJ Steel Baron coupons?

Self Made Knives

I was looking at NJ Steel Baron's site and thinking about trying some 1095 for my carbon steel blades, looks a little cheaper than the O1 I've been using. And, I can get it in a bigger sheet.

Anyway, in the shopping cart is has a place for a coupon. Does he run coupon codes sometimes? How does he share the codes?

I've never seen a coupon code for steel baron, but please do share if you find out how to get them.

I've used 1095 from them also, word of caution, make sure to use good oil for heat treating 1095. I've cracked several due to using bad oil and perhaps getting them a little too thin. I would recommend normalizing the knife at least twice also right before heat treat. I would also recommend having the oven already preheated and get it in the oven as quickly as possible after pulling it out of the quench. I had one crack while it was simply air cooling. Other than the heat treat, it works just like all the other 10XX series and it also gives really good hamons if you deferentially heat treat or use clay. Good Luck!

Must be rare, I saw where they had a coupon code for a certain steel a couple years ago, but not much else. Just seeing that at checkout peaked my curiosity.

I'm not a software guru by any means but I think most of the formats you use have a place for Coupon codes at check out. I prefer businesses that just give me their best everyday price in the first place without the coupon game.

Back