Nielsen Magnetic Discs

Randy Lucius

Looking to purchase a Nielsen magnetic hub and three discs. Website appears to be out of service. Contacted by text and email with no response. Is he out of business?

No, I just purchased a set a couple weeks ago.
He said he had plenty of stock.
It did take him a couple days to respond to my email though.

Randy,
I bought the system a couple months ago, you wont be sorry! he's in Canada and it does take a a little time and effort getting them ordered and paid for but he's a super nice guy to deal with and I'm so happy with his system! He gave me the heads up about the beveled discs and Ed Caffrey endorsed them as well. Glad I listened to the experts! Steve

Randy,
I bought the system a couple months ago, you wont be sorry! he's in Canada and it does take a a little time and effort getting them ordered and paid for but he's a super nice guy to deal with and I'm so happy with his system! He gave me the heads up about the beveled discs and Ed Caffrey endorsed them as well. Glad I listened to the experts! Steve
Thanks highwall. I’ve been looking at the system for a long time and finally got a little money together. Love my 9” disc sander. Don’t know how I ever got along without it.

Got a call from Nielsen Disc this morning and placed my order. I’ll agree with what others have said. Super nice guy to deal with. Thanks everybody!

Reactions: Owl
you will have to get the hub and disks directly from Rod. (nielsendisc@gmail.com)

I can supply you with the 1 hp 1800rpm TEFC cast aluminum motor for $350.25. The VFD with NIMA 4X enclosure for $359.12 The Fwd/Rev switch for $35.00 A wiring kit with an 8' molded power cord, 2' of 4 conductor cable for between the VFD and motor, cable glands for dust tight connections, wire nuts and my 1 page instructions for wiring the VFD and motor and setting up the VFD for $45.00 A VFD mounting bracket for $40.00, self adhesive pad disks for each of your disks $5.00 each.

All of these items include free shipping if you are in the lower 48 United States. If you want additional insurance on the wiring kit, VFD brackets and adhesive disks be sure and let me know and I will add the additional cost. Just total up all of the items you want and send me an e-mail order. I will verify it and get right back to you.

You can send a check or money order to the address below. Be sure and include your name and address and a list of what you are ordering. If you want additional insurance please let me know and I will let you know the charge. If you are outside the USA you must pay by PayPal or if you want to pay by PayPal add 5% to your total. Log onto your PayPal account and send the payment to waynecoe@highland.net. All payments must be in USD. Be sure and include your address and a list of what you are ordering in the comments space.

Let me know how I can help you

Thank you,

What is this Nielson thing?? Sounds Interesting!!
It is a system using a disc mounted on your motor shaft, with rare earth magnets in it.
Then you have several steel discs on which you put your sanding discs, and they can be quickly swapped out on the magnetic "base" disc.
Take a look at this video:

It is basically a great time saver so you don't have to keep changing the abrasive disc on your disc sander.
His web site seems to be fubar at the moment.
If you are interested I would email him : nielsendisc@gmail

It is a system using a disc mounted on your motor shaft, with rare earth magnets in it.
Then you have several steel discs on which you put your sanding discs, and they can be quickly swapped out on the magnetic "base" disc.
Take a look at this video:

It is basically a great time saver so you don't have to keep changing the abrasive disc on your disc sander.
His web site seems to be fubar at the moment.
If you are interested I would email him : nielsendisc@gmail
When I talked to Rod today he said the website was being reworked. Should be up later this month. If you need anything just email him. He works full time so this isn’t his primary source of income. Might take him a bit to get back to you but he will.

I bought the hub, two flat discs, and a 1 degree tapered disc. Total including shipping was $525.
Have to wait I guess. I have a 9" disc grinder with the traditional glue and 1 degree taper. The thing is awesome, flattens blades out like nobody's business!! Just bought my Heat Treat oven so this will get added to the list!

Back