next one off the bench black and tan duck!

Sanch

This one is a colaboration, My wonderful wife decided to give me a hand in making this little skinner come together! she is a CHAMP! she did the hand rub to 800 grit, then she did 12 coats of BC super blue, steel wool 000, inbetween coats. She also made the Duck canvas Micarta! Yep! chose coloration and layered it up in the press donned propper PPE and mixed up resin pressed it and VIOLA!!! I still need to put the final edge on and make a sheath but i got so happy and am so proud of her for jumping right in I had to show it off! forgot to mention the copper pins were her idea also they look great IMHo! comments are welcomed :)

20130804_103842_zpsa29cb8e9.jpg

Last edited:
I've been to Clarksville back in my army days, 68/69. I still remember one of the bars I had gone to a couple times called the Hitching Post. I can remember tying up my horse there. Shortly after I got into making knives I came up with a skinner that resembled yours except without the gut hook. I called it the Rino Skinner. If I had a wife like yours I'd see if I could find a tutorial on making sheaths. Any lady that will had rub a blade is worth keeping around.

I've been to Clarksville back in my army days, 68/69. I still remember one of the bars I had gone to a couple times called the Hitching Post. I can remember tying up my horse there. Shortly after I got into making knives I came up with a skinner that resembled yours except without the gut hook. I called it the Rino Skinner. If I had a wife like yours I'd see if I could find a tutorial on making sheaths. Any lady that will had rub a blade is worth keeping around.
Mr Richard thanks for the response and thank you for having me on this wonderful forum, the leather work is forth coming. I am self taught at leather work and have been tooling for a few years now so as soon as the sheath is made I will post pix of it also.thank you again for the chance to share.

Back