Next KCKA Shop Tour

dsloan

Hello all,

The next shop tour is scheduled for Steve Hansen's shop in Chanute Kansas. I hope to see you all there. This is the schedule of demonstrations:

10:00 The scheduled start time.
Shortly there after Dave Sloan will do a blade forging demo.
12:00 Lunch will be available. Steve asks if you would bring a side or a desert.
After lunch Andy Garrett will be doing a blade grinding demo.
Followed by Dan Dick with a file work demonstration.

One thing to be thinking about before Steve's tour is where would you like to have the next shop tour and what kinds of demonstrations would be helpful to you. Bring these suggestions with you and let me know.

Here's the exact location and Steve assures me the google maps has this correct.

Steve Hansen
19626 Anderson Rd
Chanute KS 66720

I hope to see some new faces there.

Dave from Diller

Sorry forgot to include the date.

This event will be held on the 21st of August.

Dave from Diller

This has given me the opportunity to get my behind in gear and clean things up around here. So far the forecast is for temps in the lower 90s. I look forward to seeing you all here.

I just got back from the KCKA meeting and It was great. I want to thank Steve Hanson for hosting this meeting. Dan Dick was really busy taking the Iron in the Hat money and keeping things going( this feller dont need a bull horn).Thanks Dan for all your work on this, brother. The demo guys did a great job also, with out them stepping up to the plate we wouldn't have meetings. It seems like every demo you watch you can pick up something new.

God bless
Billy

I am so glad to be a member of th KCKA. We have a great group, we all share and advance our skills together. I gained so much new and useful information and it was fun. Thank you to all who attended and helped set up. I look forward to seeing all of you again.
Steve

I'm really glad to hear that Steve's Shop Tour went well and that all had a good time. I'm sorry that I missed being there, but of course couldn't help it as I was at the ABS Expo in San Antonio. Thanks to all who donated items and helped to make the Iron in the Hat raffle successful. Thanks too to Dan Dick, Dave Sloan and Andy Garrett for their demos.

Two new members signed up to join the KCKA at the shop tour. Welcome to Robert Schornick and Claude Campbell !!!!

Web Master, Dave Darpinian has posted some great photos of the Shop Tour on the KCKA web site. Here's the link to the Events Page. http://www.kansasknives.org/News.html

I would like to thank Steve H. again for hosting this great tour. It was great day. There is always some new trick or tecnique to be learned from the great demos, thanks again guys. I agree totally with Steve, we really do have a great group.

This past Saturday (08-21-10) was a great shop tour at Steve Hansen's of Chanute. We had demonstrations, along with some great food and our usual camaraderie. My hats off to Steve and his family for their hard work bringing it all together & the delicious food. I also thank the demonstrators for that day: Dave Sloan and Andy Garrett, they shared some valuable information. We did our usual Iron in the Hat raffle and raised $148 for the Kirk's and $25 for the KCKA. We had two new members sign up with a 3rd person who attended stating he'd be joining; please welcome Claude Campbell or Meriden, KS. & Robert Schornick of Yates Center, KS. as our two newest members. We had a total of 13 KCKA members in attendance with an overall total of 28 people signing in. The KCKA membership now stands at 37 strong, not bad for not quite being two years old!! The arctic cold front that came through that day helped lower the temps from 100+ to the mid 90's so it was a very nice day for a shop tour. It's a great group of people and the information each has is priceless, that's what helped spur me into knifemaking. Until our next shop tour, take care & be careful.

Thanks, Dan

That 3rd person I mentioned above joined, please welcome Lister Potter of Olathe, KS. Great to have you as a member Lister!!

Dan.

Back