Newbie in Arizona

DustinY

Hey guys, I'm new to the craft. Starting to slowly buy tools and ruin everything I touch, but it's been a great way to spend the weekends. Really enjoy the craft and community, especially given the wealth of knowledge at my finger tips with the internet. I started as a collector - with almost no interest in fix blade knives - but after a couple years it's almost all I'm interested in. My passion lies in hopefully being able to produce chef's knives - eventually forge them out - but I truly enjoy stock removal. I'm going to attend Travis's hammer in - but if you know of anything else going on around here or anyone here wanting to take on a student - let me know! Excited to be apart of this community here - as I was unaware of this forum until a member mentioned I come join!

Hi Dustin!!! Glad you made it over here!! Wish I was close enough to go to Travis’s hammer-in. Saving for a TW-90. Welcome to Knife Dogs. You’ll love it here. Bunch of great guys.

By the way, my sheath maker is from Rio Rico, AZ

Hi Dustin!!! Glad you made it over here!! Wish I was close enough to go to Travis’s hammer-in. Saving for a TW-90. Welcome to Knife Dogs. You’ll love it here. Bunch of great guys.

By the way, my sheath maker is from Rio Rico, AZ

Any chance you can pass his information my way? Looking at to get some chef's rolls made to send my stuff out in ;)

Welcome from Rhode Island. Two years in and I only ruin 1/2 the knives I build. I’m getting better. Ask many questions. These guys are really helpful!!

Back