New York City; Hard life for a budding knife collector-- What's up?

ryu5798

Why hello there, KnifeDog Community!!!!

My name is Ian and as you can tell, I live in the New York state, particularly in the Bronx.

I heard of the site from looking at STR's site to look for information, but once i realized how big of community that exists on this forum is pretty awesome!

Please correct me if I am wrong when it comes to blade discussion; I'm relatively new to the scene, but already the matter of a month, I got hooked on knives, particularly folders. So, I am looking to start collecting and hope to be a member. I plan to stay.

If you guys are curious, what I have are the following:

1) RKK Phantom Reflex (Black)
-My very first knife. The dealer, MasterSmiths down on 58th street, did not want it any longer simply because it's A/O. Picked up for a pretty good price. Gonna be prized for a while.

2) Spyderco LadyBug ZDP-189 Racing Green
- My EDC knife. I have a thing for small knives, but this guy will be my friend.
3) Kershaw OD-2
- My dad decided to get it for me (I'm 18, but since he offered it, I could not refuse). It's okay IMO, but since it was from him, I'll keep that for a while.

4) Kershaw "Pink Damascus" Ken Onion Scallion
- Got this from a recent knife show. This one is definitely gonna be seated highly in my beginner collection.

I hope you guys will take me in and help me build a better collection.

Stay SHARP!

Welcome from another new guy from New York :)
I agree with Mark, keep that one forever.

Will do, good sir; since it is from my dad, it is more of an heirloom for the future than anything now. And where in NYC do you happen to be, Ebbtide?

Welcome to Knife Dogs.

Not a bad start to a collection!

Thank you, ARCustomKnives! Speaking of collections, I added a new and a great step up-- The Fox Deimos. At first the collection as whole may just seem like impulse buys, but I have a lot to learn
I do look forward to generating the funds to create a Spyderco section (Amongst the 3 major brands I plan to collect: Spyderco, Kershaw, and Boker) as well as a section called the "Die-Hards," which will be knives and blades that I have had my eye on a while, no matter what brand, but they have always been seated highly of what I look for in a knife.

The Fox Deimos is definitely the one to start that section.

Back