New Toy!

Gliden07

As some of you know I have been trying to get ahold of this Gent to look at a Rockwell Hardness tester. Finally got a old if him and Made the 2 hour trip out to look at the tester. Other than being a little dusty it looks like brand new! No broken glass gauges etc... This thing looks like it had a very easy life! He had it listed on Craigslist for $200.00, which I was told was a steal!! Before I even went to the guys house he lowered the price to $100.00! Less than a decent set of Rockwell files! IMG_20180114_45326.jpg

Didn't even try and dicker on the price when I saw it! Here it is in my truck! Man this is one heavy sucker though!! Came with everything, Penetrator, 2 of the anvils one for round stock, the other for flat, also the instrucion manual. Only thing I believe I need to get is a test plate. I believe I need a Rockwell C plate but I'm unsure of hardness I should get I was thinking in the 60 range? More pics to come when it' home and unloaded!

Glad it worked out for you o7. Did yo scrounge the shop for more deals?

He had a lot if Bridgeport mill stuff. End Mills, collecs etc.. I asked about a Granite Plate but he didn't have any. Told him what I was doing and if he came across anything I might be interested in to Email me. He did have a Baldor Buffer but it was sitting outside and he couldn't confirm (or test it) that it worked motor was 220V 2HP!

He had a lot if Bridgeport mill stuff. End Mills, collecs etc.. I asked about a Granite Plate but he didn't have any. Told him what I was doing and if he came across anything I might be interested in to Email me. He did have a Baldor Buffer but it was sitting outside and he couldn't confirm (or test it) that it worked motor was 220V 2HP!

If you are looking for a granite plate. Go to a place that sells headstones and ask if they have a broken or blemished piece in the size you are looking for.

First time I ever heard of one of those going for $100.00, you did good.
You did get the weights that hang off the back right?

Yes the Weights, Diamond Penetrator, 2 anvils 1 for round stock, 1 for flat stock the original owners manual and a couple of print outs for parts and a Rockwell conversion chart! I never even asked him yo drop the original price of 200 (which was still a steal!! He said how bout 100 bucks, I looked inside to make sure it looked good, it was very clean inside. I need to rewire the light if I want, and clean up the little bit of surface rust on anvils. I'm still stunned and ecstatic at the same time about this piece of equipment!!

IMG_20180114_52656.jpg IMG_20180114_15703.jpg IMG_20180114_29673.jpg IMG_20180114_43724.jpg

Here's a few more pics. I do need a new knob for one of the side covers it was cracked and fell off when I tried to remove it.

Wow, I would have bought a lottery ticket on the way home with that, that's assuming it works but it looks like it's in good shape. what's the date on the calibration sticker there? it looks like it has a dial similar to mine. it might read in the N scale and convert it to C with the conversion chart.

The zero minder dial is for fast repetitive readings, it helps to dial it in but after you use it for a while you'll learn to bring it right to zero just with the spindle. congrats on a great find!

Good gear at a great price is one of those happy things that come by us all at one time or another and should be grabbed while they are on offer.

Wow, I would have bought a lottery ticket on the way home with that, that's assuming it works but it looks like it's in good shape. what's the date on the calibration sticker there? it looks like it has a dial similar to mine. it might read in the N scale and convert it to C with the conversion chart.

The zero minder dial is for fast repetitive readings, it helps to dial it in but after you use it for a while you'll learn to bring it right to zero just with the spindle. congrats on a great find!

Will it say "N" on the face??

Back