New to knife building... heres my attemtp

Got some work done on the liners today. I’ve almost started over a couple times due to a couple beginner unforeseen things here and there. Blade grinding and scales next.....

DDE210CF-5283-4691-B82B-233AB748036A.jpeg
3E2DA2F0-846E-4CE7-8790-41395DF3225A.jpeg

Man this place is dead huh....
oh well.... got to grinding the blade this evening. For the first go I’m not to disguraged but I do wish I had a more consistent grind line, especially since I am useing a jig. Either way happy I didn’t destroythe blade.
I also epoxy glued the scales to the linersso that is setting up overnight.

93F97C0D-BBC4-4BFD-93DD-E5A2BDE20AD3.jpeg03BAE623-F17B-4197-BC97-1F4EE6313582.jpeg

oh well.... got to grinding the blade this evening. For the first go I’m not to disguraged but I do wish I had a more consistent grind line, especially since I am useing a jig. Either way happy I didn’t destroythe blade.

View attachment 66100View attachment 66101
Practice makes perfect.

View attachment 66100View attachment 66101

That is a good grind line. Hand sanding will make that line perfect.

It looks like you are getting some wiggle or uneven pressure as you make your grinding pass. It is very minor at any rate.

I think you are doing great with this build.

That is a good grind line. Hand sanding will make that line perfect.

It looks like you are getting some wiggle or uneven pressure as you make your grinding pass. It is very minor at any rate.

I think you are doing great with this build.

Thanks John, OK so I can correct this by hand sanding, great!... is it better to do this now or after hardening??
Yes a little wiggel of some sort... my jig has to slide smoother.... I’ll have to look into this.

L

Liners and ebony scales set up nicely. Boring and rough shaping done. Now to decide on the details.... !?!????:oops: What evert direction I take it it will be slim line edition.
Any opinions?

3CC065E2-11AF-43DE-B59F-11311E63351A.jpeg

647377EF-BD88-49C6-A8C7-B0E6ED1EC4C0.png

I think you have done a very fine job. In my opinion all it needs is to break the corners slightly and a good hand sanding to get rid of any scratches.

Hi,
A great job on your first blade.
Thanks for posting the pics of the nail nick cutter and the jig.They are extremely helpful as I am close to grinding my first pocket knife blade. I have made fixed blades but pocket knife blades are a whole different ketle of fish.
It will be a replacement for a broken blade in a traditional type pocket knife.

Ozblade

Back