New shop going up...

bladegrinder

I've been waiting a long time for this to happen. finally at this point in my life I got the space and money for a new shop.
It got started today and should be complete by the end of Feb. then the benches, shelves, high bay Led lighting will go in.
Specs...30' x 50' enclosed pole barn with 14' walls, 12' porch running the 50' length with roof, 36" entrance door,
4 - 10" x 12" roll up doors.
It's going to be nice once it's completely set up, I'm going to put a lot of thought into the work benches and outlets. :D
ri0yVI5.jpg

DvsEoFI.jpg

XS4MfWO.jpg

RybGODn.jpg

Thanks guy's, the concrete supposed to get poured in a few weeks, the back ground woods looks kind of messed up, I was in the path of hurricane Michael last year and lost a lot of my trees. I'm still waiting on the timber company, all the mills are stacked with wood and backed up. once there out I'll do a prescribed burn and replant.

I think we're all dreaming. Our wives would fill it with junk before we ever had time to buy a table saw.
I know that's the dang truth, My shop has one separate bay that stores all my hunting and fishing gear, butchering equipment, reloading, gunsmithing gear, bathroom and my fishing boat. The larger portion of the shop has a gym, my tools and equipment, and has been used to store 2 different families crap for 2 years. I regained a large portion of space on Christmas eve and am hoping to do a lot of cleaning and organizing on Monday when I am off work. CONGRATS ON THE SHOP! that is exciting!

Thanks everyone, it is exciting. I ordered this last June but their backed up from hurricane Michael destroying so much in the panhandle so it was promised to be finished by the end of Feb.
I don't have any info on the steel trusses other than this company owns the truss plant where their made and their rated for 140 mph winds. I looked them over real good on the trailer and all the welds looked real good and they were painted real good.
As for getting loaded with crap, that's going to be held to a bare minimum. I've got a wood shed with a lot of stuff in it and if I have too, I'll build another one or a bigger one to keep my shop from getting loaded with stuff I don't want to look at all the time. - the wife has been reminded of this numerous times - ;)

Thanks Ted...:D
You ain't getting any younger, bud!

I wouldn't pay to put sewer/drains in a shop, either. But I would make a little doghouse in the corner and put a composting head in there. - Because I ain't getting any younger, either.
The thought crossed my mind to put a closet with a slightly elevated toilet with a pipe going outside to a portable holding tank. I have a portable holding tank with wheels now that i use to empty the holding tank on my RV.
the first time I did that to my RV was a pretty messy affair :rolleyes:, I would have won $10,000 on funniest home videos if it was recorded. the second time went much better. I got it down pretty good now.

Back