New Shop Dog

JDW

Here is my new shop dog, Rowdy Lee Savage. After loosing our good friend Rambo in August, we had to have another German Shepard, so here he is. Just thought you other dogs might want to welcome him.
101_2950.jpg

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year.
Dale, Tammy, and Rowdy Lee Savage.

I love G. Sheppard's Too! I had a male G. Shep and a Collie Shep rough (Lassie) mix growing up!
They love to work for ya! He will become head of Security and chief snack taste tester all on his own! :biggrin:
ConGrats!

Laurence
www.westsidesharpening.com

Thanks guys.
He is as hard headed as he is cute! Hope he is as good as Rambo was. We have had one day in the shop, and he done good, chewed on an old antler, and went to sleep.

Hey Rowdy! Welcome to the knife making obsession. Where would we be without our furry canines to keep us grounded? Rowdy, you are way too cute for your own good!

Jim T

One little reminder from a KnifeDog Pal.
Remember that Rowdy is at ground level. My last Shop Dog lived to 16 + But she had developed a cough that wasn't from smoking ;-). It was the Micarta handle material that I use to grind, It releases Formaldehyde when ground and after couple of years of letting here sit just outside of my garage in the alley, On Duty! on her piece of Carpet
I cut for her she developed a bad cough and I had to stop letting her sit there and keep her keen eyes on things as the Vagrants & Aluminum miners and some trouble makers wandered down the alley!

She was the best! Out of the corner of my eye I could see her tail as I sat working at my Hardcore Grinder.
I could tell when someone was approaching down the alley and most importantly if she thought they were cool or trouble? or one of our neighbor buddy's!

So please remember that little Rowdy doesn't have a respirator! So that you two have many happy & Healthy years together!

Laurence
www.rhinoknives.com/

Last edited:
Thanks Laurence for that reminder, I use a dust collector at the grinder to help, but I will still keep him away from the grinder.
I have wondered if that had something to with my last German Shepard, Rambo's, health problems that got him, he had liver cancer, so I will be extra careful this
time.

Thanks everyone for the comments, he is to cute for his own good, and smarter than I am, well thats not saying much for him actually, but you know what I mean.

Happy New Year to you Knife Dogs
Dale

Back