New Northridge Mod-E

Justin W.

07C1E114-8CBB-4223-A3D1-F501E12A3710.jpeg99D0A25A-8154-4001-A1FA-DFB30586115E.jpeg69C8FBC6-B31A-4A2C-8BA1-ADB88204FECD.jpeg
At last I got a new grinder! This is the Northridge Mod-E that I picked up from the classifieds on this forum. After milk the life out of a DIY machine I decided it was time to get something professionally made. I started putting back cash from knife sale and when Daniel Macina pointed this one out to me it was a no brainer. I spent all of yesterday grinding bevels and this grinder is freaken awesome!!!!!!!

Also I attached a picture of my old grinder as a reference to what I was working with before :)

Welcome to the VFD crowd! Your gonna love it and wonder how you ever got along without it! Congratulations on the new grinder!!

That’s awesome Justin! Glad for you. I’m looking to get a new grinder too. My no-weld grinder has served me well but I really want to upgrade.

Agreed that the VFD is a significant upgrade. Just be aware that you can trash the 2" aluminum wheels on your platten by grinding directly on them the way you could on your older rubber covered contact wheels.

Agreed that the VFD is a significant upgrade. Just be aware that you can trash the 2" aluminum wheels on your platten by grinding directly on them the way you could on your older rubber covered contact wheels.
Maybe I should just use my old machine for profiling. I’d hate to ruin those wheels

VFD = SPOILED! As in once you get used to it, it's almost impossible to use a grinder that doesn't have it! :) I have a single speed grinder in the blacksmith shop, and catch myself reaching for the "speed dial" almost every time I use it..... then I come into the finish shop, where the grinders with the VFD stay...and go AHHHHHH! :)

Back