new neck knife prototype

lerman

i'm working on my first neck knife, this is a the prototype for a batch of six i'll be making, it's 10mm/4" long, the blade is CPM D2 and handle is ghost G10
i would like to hear some input about the design from you guys.
thanks, Lee Lerman

Attractive design, looks like it might be comfortable to use but too much of skinner for my taste in neck knives.

Lee,
I like it and think an upswept blade like that works well on a necker knife.
More edge in a small blade & the thumb rest area is perfect for control of a little knife along with the index finger cutout. The handle shape looks comfortable and efficient as well.

Have you made a sheath for it yet?

Keep us posted on the final product!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Lee that looks like a winner, I think it will sell like hot cakes youre design is correct for a small "EDC" neck knife! Well done
Martin

Looking good. I like the design and it should serve it's purpose well. By it hanging around the neck it will be ready for use in a split second

I can't think of a single situation where you would want a knife round your neck instead of strapped to your shoulder or something.

I can't think of a single situation where you would want a knife round your neck instead of strapped to your shoulder or something.

then i won't recomend you a neck knife :D it's around your neck all the time, but all the kidding aside it's just a small light knife allot of people do like to carry them on the neck but it can carried with the sheath in the pocket.

I like the design, nice curves... maybe a straighter design might appeal to anyone put off by the curves...

That makes more sense, they are great things to have but I wouldn't put one round my neck.

Liam,
Neckers came originally from parts of the world where people didn't wear belts and sometimes even clothes. What makes them a cool and practical knife these days is that if you are camping/hiking or say canoeing and lose all your gear, if you still have your neck? You still have a knife to help you get home.

There is also the tactical element of surprise and other Rambo wannabe type features of this carry system too. Remember that Nat Geo Channel now has a series on prepping for a Zombie invasion!

I am working on a Rhino Necker knife pattern of my own. I will have it out in the next few months.

Lee,
I would just like to say again how much I think you are spot on in design with this one.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Back