New Member question: Why can't I see prices?

Rancho5

Greetings, perhaps it's on a sticky somewhere but as I've been searching the classifieds for knives, grinders, etc, I've noticed that the majority of items for sale have no price listed. Are they invisible to me as a new user? Some have prices, a few, but the majority do not. It's confusing so any help would be appreciated.

It's not anything to do with being new, I just think a lot knife makers don't put prices out on display. I think they'd rather keep any transaction or negotiating private. Seems like its usually the pretty high end stuff that's not priced, but usually tools and supplies are priced in my experience. I've private messaged a couple of the guys and made it clear I wasn't in the market, just admiring their work and curious what a similar piece would sell for, and I've always got an answer.

Where is the information that was asked of you in registration? It can help to make things more friendly to know. Why? Say you were from Mars. I wouldn't be making any sort of reply here.
On the other hand, welcome to the Dogs ! This is a friendly, family type forum that is easy to enjoy !
Frank

I registered in January and must have forgotten. I basically read and lurk around here. Where should I go to fill in the required information?

Go back to the registration. And if you want to see prices go to the makers web site if they have one. I don't.
Frank

Many makers will replace the asking price of the knife with the word "Sold" when the knife is no longer available. If a potential customer is looking at a sale ad from three years ago and wants to order a similar knife, they should not be expecting to pay the three year old price.

Bob

We don't require prices posted here. I'll look at it but it hasn't been a problem to date.

Back