New hunter

Gliden07

Finally got into shop to finish this "LEFT-OVER" Hunter. All the stuff I used for this knife I had in the shop. That's the thing I love about this hobby, find, repurpose and build. I did a couple things that were experiments for me. I tapered the scales from top to bottom, made the Mosaic pin and polished the handle on my buffer. Still need to finish it, taper lanyard hole/front pin, Tru-Oil scales and sharpen. Happy with it though. Was an incredible year of learning last year still a lot to go but I'm happy with my progress!IMG_20180113_20892.jpg IMG_20180113_9434.jpg

07....looks good. What are the dimensions. I'm guessing 81/2- 9" OAL? I can't tell what kind of wood that is.
The mosaic pin looks awesome, are you going to do the front tube the same?
I've heard so many horror stories about buffers, I don't see one in my future any time soo.

07....looks good. What are the dimensions. I'm guessing 81/2- 9" OAL? I can't tell what kind of wood that is.
The mosaic pin looks awesome, are you going to do the front tube the same?
I've heard so many horror stories about buffers, I don't see one in my future any time soo.

OAL 7-3/4" inches scales are Mahogany that a friend of mine gave me. The Buffer I have is a cheap HF grinder. I mounted a cotton sewed wheel and a loose cotton wheel on it. They can be dangerous, you just have to pay attention to the way you approach the wheel with whatever your buffing. Don't want to get a point or sharp edges into the wheel it will fly out of your hand like nobody business and hopefully just scare the heck out of you!! I always try to approch the wheel with a flat and at an angle to prevent the above from happening.

Back