New guy saying hi

Chris_Lyons

Hey everyone,

I have read a bunch of good info from this site, and figured I'd actually join up and say hi and thanks.
New to making knives, but been doing some or another of construction based work for the bast 20 years.
I have recently built a gas forge, gotten an anvil etc.. just keep trying to learn something new with every knife.
Really enjoy it at this point, even if it is just a hobby.
Mostly just fixed blades for now, but I'd love to learn folders too.

-Chris

Well,

Here is my first knife. 1084/oak from home depot. BLO finish. I hate it buy I keep it to see where I started from.

This was my 2nd knife. 1084/walnut. leather sheath.

I just finished this one last night. It is a loose copy of #2 because I gave that one to my brother in law but I miss it. haha. 1084 and leopardwood, tung oil finish. middle pin glows in the dark.

This is what is currently on the workbench. Low layer twist damascus of 1084/15N20 for a paring knife with black and white ebony stabilized scales.

That's not my youtube channel, I don't do youtube. unfortunately this person has the same name as me. I'm constantly getting emails for that guy from people wanting to make them all sorts of novelty junk. I wrote to him once to discuss that and he just gave me the hand under chin I guess.

I've been making knives for 28 years and this guy came along a couple years ago and thought using his name like I have been for 28 years would be a good idea, except he makes a lot of flea market junk. although I must give his youtube site some credit, it has steered quite a few sales to me. usually people realize my website isn't him when they see what I make compared to what he's putting out on youtube.

That's not my youtube channel, I don't do youtube. unfortunately this person has the same name as me. I'm constantly getting emails for that guy from people wanting to make them all sorts of novelty junk. I wrote to him once to discuss that and he just gave me the hand under chin I guess.

I've been making knives for 28 years and this guy came along a couple years ago and thought using his name like I have been for 28 years would be a good idea, except he makes a lot of flea market junk. although I must give his youtube site some credit, it has steered quite a few sales to me. usually people realize my website isn't him when they see what I make compared to what he's putting out on youtube.

oh, well screw that guy then.. I just unsubscribed. Hi to the real Steve Miller! haha. I just checked out your site, and it seems I am following the wrong person!

Yea Chris, I get emails from people watching some of his stuff. they want to know how much for a starship trooper horse shoe knife, railroad spike hatchets and fantasy stuff from movies I've never even heard of. just crazy, crazy stuff.

I've had to add a caption to my contact page on my website to try and tell people not to contact me about these ridiculous things but I still get them.

Back