New Guy in the "Yard"

CattleMaster247

Hey Guys, Thought I would take this chance to lntroduce myself. I am 24 and a Cattle Farmer in Fort Payne, Al. I have been a huge knife enthusiast since I was quite young. Blade of anyshape and size have fascinating me for years. Last year I purchased a propane forge, anvil, tongs, hammers, and most of the other basics. I spent 8 months learning to work with metal. But as I was getting comfortable enough to try my first blade. Had lightning strike my barn and take out my woodshop and metal shop. I am currently rebuilding the barn and have decided to work on my sharpening skills on old knives, and bringing some neglected knives back to their glory. Always interested in any new ways to clean and restore some vintage knives. I have bought an edge pro and it is amazing what it can do. On that note I have purchased an old butcher cleaver from the Terrier Knife Company, Does anyone know anything about them. I found a company with that same name, and found out they only made knives for six years, 1910-1916. The knives I found by Terrier were all pocket and not kitchen related. If you know anything about this cleaver, let me know. Looking forward to the discussions.
Thanks
CattleMaster247
IMG_0466.jpg

Cattlemaster,
Welcome to the pack! Other than liking the name Terrier Knife Co, I can't tell you a thing?

There have always been short lived knife making companies. They may have been subcontracted out for a line of knives?

Look around the forums here and ask away! Someone can help with most questions.

Sorry to hear about your shop getting a lighting strike. I think you can use this to name your Forge in some manner and I'm glad you weren't in thr shop when it happened!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

welcome.gif

Back