New grinder

LiamLynch

After many moons I have decided to buy a grinder. I prayed to the gods of cheap belt grinders and they delivered, this thing came up on the ebay so I bought it. Time for some hollow ground madness.
11127494_836171776454722_7645199254747227178_n.jpg

Liam,
Looks like you can certainly profile and hollow on that. What length belt does it run? Is there more than one speed?

its a 2*72, it has an inverter and variable frequency which will control the speed, 3hp motor as well so i imagine it will be a step up from my 1/8hp setup. ill have to turn that into a disc grinder

You will be a happy grinding fool with a 3hp Variable. It kinda looks like a Burr King, What brand is it?

I'm honestly not sure on the brand but it looks a solid machine. Drill press next, can't beat getting holes straight.

I was advised by someone more knowledgeable than myself that it was worth getting and bought it from a seller that is known in the knife making community here.

turns out its 50*2250 which i believe is larger than 2*72 which should be nice, should last at least 3 1/2 times longer than my belts at the moment

As long as you can get belts for it! Look around for VSM Ceramic Belts. They are a German made belt that here in the USA are low cost and high quality!

Laurence turned me on to the VSM belts. They are all i use up to 120 grit now. Superb quality and great price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back