New folder pattern

Craig

KNIFE MAKER
Here is a new one I came up with. 4 1/8 closed Rados ladder damascus, anodized titanium liners and bolsters with pearl handles. Thumb stud is made from 416 stainless.

LLP1.jpgLLP2.jpgLLP3.jpgLLP4.jpgLLP5.jpgLLP6.jpgLLP7.jpg

Last edited:
Craig,
I like the color combination,I have plans to build one with pearl and blue anodization,are the screws gold?
Nice knife!

Craig,

Even though this isn't my cup of tea, it's beautifully done, as usual! Super color combo and fabulous pearl!

Jeff

That's just plain ugly,you should banish it to Alaska were it wont offend anyone.Pm me and I will give you my address so you can get that wart out of your eyesight............Man that's a sweet heart !

I really like this knife. I don't suppose you'd be willing to share how you made that nice grind on the top of the blade? I've wanted to do something similar, but couldn't figure out a good way to make it look nice like you have there. For some reason, just going at it with a file doesn't seem like it'd get me there....

Jeremy

I really like this knife. I don't suppose you'd be willing to share how you made that nice grind on the top of the blade? I've wanted to do something similar, but couldn't figure out a good way to make it look nice like you have there. For some reason, just going at it with a file doesn't seem like it'd get me there....

Jeremy

Sure will.

I grind the blade hand, sand and finish all after heat treating. I grind the swedges in the blade on the same wheel (10") I ground the blade with. Then I hand sand and finish like the blade.

This blade shape I put the cutting edge on the tool rest and match the grind by eye. Some of the clip blades need to be held with the tang high so the curve in the clip matches the wheel while grinding.

Sorry for the late reply we just made it back from the blade show.

Those are some nice photos. Did you use a light tent or just natural? Where did you position the lamps and what type if you did? Thanks

Thanks again everyone.

Leroy I took the photos outside with no tent. Just set up where I could get a little shade. If I am taking photos at night I use a light tent and halogen bulbs with the bulbs place above and slightly behind. To the sides and a little ahead of the knife.

Craig

Back