New bench

Von Gruff

KNIFE MAKER
I built the bench in my shed over 30 years ago annd the top was simply four 6x1's and while I did a lot of work on it there was always a second best feel to it so I decided to re-organise things with the result that I made it 4 ft longer which gives me 14 ft now and toped it with 3/4 in ply. Have just started to put things into place on it
VjhoBWKl.jpg

Looking good Von!

I once had a fellow tell me if you build a new shop, double what you think is enough for storage and quadruple the amount of electrical outlets you think you will need. Then just maybe, you will have enough storage and places to plug everything into!! :p

Looking good Von!

I once had a fellow tell me if you build a new shop, double what you think is enough for storage and quadruple the amount of electrical outlets you think you will need. Then just maybe, you will have enough storage and places to plug everything into!! :p
I have had the electrician come and install a few more double pug outlets over the years as my needs have changed and rung him again the other day to get another 3 put in. This old shed was built in the 60's and was the vehicle garrage for the rabbit board (pest destruction) and only had one plug when I bought it and for a shed that is 50ft x 16 ft that is way under what it actually needs.

Very nice work space on that bench top and the drawers space is a great tribute and remembrance. I too have stuff in my shop built by my father.

Back