Neo N-T EDC

One

Banned
Here's a new one based on one of my old classic N-T knives. The only technical difference is I used some special " Apoxie Sculpt" (made for stone settings), for the inlay instead of cutler's rosin. It's more durable and looks almost as good.

7.5 inches OAL

Blade- forged from Nicholson file

Inlay and end cap- coinage

Wrapping- woven cotton sealed with shellac and a pinon rosin top coat.

Handle- Stag

DSCN6997_zps6083f6f3.jpg

DSCN6999_zpsed8416c7.jpg

DSCN7008_zps5e672082.jpg

DSCN6980-001_zps1112b2ac.jpg

It's one I've been meaning to take a whack at for several years but never have. Do you have any pictures of the preform that you wouldn't mind sharing?

What coin is that on the butt end? That's an awesome looking bull on it.

I love seeing the blending of elements from your previous work showing up in the new. :)

James, the preform is just a piece of a file, with one end forged to a point, over to one side. The profile is a result of the distal tapering and beveling on the edge side and along the false edge. Don't have any pics.

I'm not sure where that coin came from, and forgot to look. I have a big can full of odd coins I got in a trade along time ago. That was one of the last really cool ones I had. I thought the 2c was kind of funny. :)

If I were going to slap a label on my newer work,... I think I'd go, "Neo-Traditional Cutler's Art".... definitely elements of neo-tribal (and some of my even older stuff) ,... plus a few thousand years. "Neo/Neo-Tribal", just doesn't sound right and looks kind of odd, more like a mathematical equation than a name. LOL

... slowly trying to catch up with the future.

Last edited:
Back