Needed: Flint

W

Wassomeoneelse

Hey! I live in South Louisiana where we really do not have formations of flint or rock that can be substituted for it. I am going to be making a bunch of fire starters and would like to be able to give them away as gifts to several of my friends. I am looking for a small quantity of flint to go along with my gifts.
If any members here live in an area with access to some type of flint/rock that is good for fire starting, I would be willing to make a trade/purchase for a flat rate box filled with flint. Obviously, I would be willing to pay for postage.
I would be willing to trade wrought iron, knife steel, cash, or some other item for the flint. Please send me a message or email and I will contact you.
Thanks ahead of time,
Bryan

Hello Bryan , I have a bunch of chert that I collected from old Indian sites . Not sure if chert will be a good substitute for flint . In the USA we dont have "real" flint but have chert instead . Most of them have been worked prehistoricly . Let me know if it will suffice for you . It comes in many colors . Chert is considered silicon Dioxide...... Bubba

Last edited:
Bubba,
I responded to your pm. Thanks for the response guys. It is appreciated and will help me a lot.
Bryan

Back