Need ideas for a double sheath for a hunting, caper set

JDW

I have an order for a hunting knife and a caping knife set, to be carried in one sheath. Does anyone have any ideas on doing this kind of sheath? Sheath work is a real struggle for me, and I could use some ideas, pictures of double sheaths. Any help would be
appreciated.
Dale

It depends on where you want the extra bulk. Either side by side or stacked on top of each other.

Do you have a pic of the knives?

Thanks for the pic Paul, that sure looks great. Stew, my customer wants them stacked, and here are some pics of knives, like the ones he will get.
Caping knife
100_2294.jpg

Hunter
100_2731.jpg

These are not the exact knives, but are like what he wants, they will have matching handles, and the hunter will have a little different handle shape with slight finger grooves.

Chris, those are very nice! My sheaths will never be as nice as those are. Thanks for sharing.
Dale

Chef Niloc, I like that. I think that is what my customer has in mind. Thanks for sharing.

Wow that's cool I thought I was the only one who would like something like this. Here's another one I made along the same lines. The design works and they are useful at work so I keep making them so I can practice my leather work. This one I think is #5?
099fdfe6.png

6f8446d6.png

70a6f97e.png

Thanks again for sharing Chef Niloc, this last one is what I will try to make, if you don't mind me using your basic design. I like the looks of it, and it will serve the purpose very well.
Dale

Thanks again for sharing Chef Niloc, this last one is what I will try to make, if you don't mind me using your basic design. I like the looks of it, and it will serve the purpose very well.
Dale
Just post some pic's when it's done, I would love to see what you come up with.

Thanks Chef Niloc. I will post pics in a new thread when it is done, it may be a month or so, as I have several orders ahead of that one.
Dale

Last edited:
Back