Need help with a problem on a No Weld Grinder

calharkins

Got a no weld grinder with a problem. The drive shaft keeps moving to the left. I have tightened up the pillow bearings but it keeps on sliding to the left. I started with a one horse motor but updated it to a two horse a few months back. Anyone got any ideas on what the problem is?

Thanks

Cal if have locking collars on your pillow bearings they are designed to tighten in the direction the shaft turns so if mounted to tighten opposite shaft rotation, this could cause shaft movement. If have set screw shaft locking, they should prevent movement if tight.

Cal,
That's a new one for me. Can you post a pic of your setup?
t

Ausbrook, I will have to check in the morning and see about the rotation. Boss, I will take a pic in the morning and post it.
Thanks for the replies fellows.

I got it fixed. My brother and I stopped and looked the situation over. We had installed the new motor and did not have it quite parallel to the pulley attached to the drive shaft. We realigned everything and moved everything as close to the pillow bearings as we could get them. It now works great. Thanks for your input guys!!!!

Back