Neck knife WIP

Mark Barone

Working on this little neck knife. I'm starting to think smaller doesn't mean easier. I cut blanks with an angle grinder so those radius' were not easy. I hate starting WIP threads because it's a crap shoot on whether this ends up going sideways. I want to try a little bevel also on the top of the spine (red arrow) in the front ... is there a name for that? Also should I remove a little material on the handle bottom areas ( black arrow) right now it's the same level as the blade. Any other suggestions welcome. 18DA3B11-11E0-43DD-9173-1A157DF93186.jpg

Save that blank to practice on. Use the jig you bought for the swedge
Work perfectly for that as well as main bevels

Save that blank to practice on. Use the jig you bought for the swedge
Work perfectly for that as well as main bevels
Good idea. I'll try the swedge. I love the jig you made. i did bevels on a hunter today, on my 1x30 . LOoks like I did it on a 2x72. Just took 4 times as long. It's only a hobby so no big deal for now.

Good idea. I'll try the swedge. I love the jig you made. i did bevels on a hunter today, on my 1x30 . LOoks like I did it on a 2x72. Just took 4 times as long. It's only a hobby so no big deal for now.
Good to hear Mark that jig taught me to grind freehand. If you go to a 2x72, you will find grinding much easier. Learning on a 1 x 30 is a great tool to move up from.

Back