NCCA / Marlboro, MA

Rudy Joly

One day show, Sunday July 21.
9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Holiday Inn, Rte 20. Marlboro, MA.
Immediately off exit from north bound rte 495.

See you there,
Rudy

Sounds like a interesting show. It has been years, maybe I can get the wife to skip the woodworkers picnic and go to a nice air conditioned event.

ernie

It would be a pleasure to meet you Earnie.
I have to give a lot of credit to our members and visitors who travel long distances for a relatively short event on a Sunday. I've met many NY'ers who love knives at these shows.

C'mon down,
Rudy

Wife said sure lets go... too hot for a picnic anyway. Do you have a table we should look for?

ernie

Wife said sure lets go... too hot for a picnic anyway. Do you have a table we should look for?

ernie

That's great Earnie.
Looking forward to it. No table this time, I can't stay all day but I never miss one. Here's a link to a prior show, I'm in there someplace so you can identify me.
http://www.ncca.info/pastknifeshow2012Nov11.html

Dan,
Being so close, I'm surprised we haven't stumbled over each other over the years. I've done quite a bit of work in Hudson. Hope you can make it.

Rudy

Rudy sorry I missed you.

I went to the show. It was smaller than I expected. A 3 hour drive to get there and 15 minutes to see everything. I went to every booth 3 times, had a free coffee, looked long and hard at the free donuts then took one last lap around the room and left. Time elapsed less than an hour. I could not afford anything that I liked and didn't like the ones I could afford, the story of my life. I guess that is why I make my own knives.

On the way back we drove across NH and Vermont, back in NY we looked at some canoeing launch sites for a future trip. It was good to get away from the sign shop for a day.

ernie

Last edited:
I'm scratching my head. Why have a one day show on Sunday? All the knife shows I have done I could never figure out why you need to be there on a Sunday.

I'm scratching my head. Why have a one day show on Sunday? All the knife shows I have done I could never figure out why you need to be there on a Sunday.

Ray,
I never really thought about it. We've been doing one day shows since the late 80's and I personally look forward to getting together with everyone every three months, as I think they do too. In April/ May we have our annual 2 day show. Being a regional club based in New England we've grown with membership from the Canadian border to Florida who do come, of course no-one has a gun to their head to attend. It seems to have worked so far, for the most part attendance is good.

Rudy

Back