My second Slipjoint

Discussion in 'Folding Knives Forum' started by KCorn, Dec 17, 2017.

1. KCorn

KCorn Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I just completed my second slipjoint pocket knife today. Mill relieved liners, G-10 caps and 410 stainless bolsters. Seems like I've been working on it forever. This Lanny's clip is for my Dad for Christmas. These little things are addicting!! Let me know what you guys think.

Attached Files:

KenH and Johan Nel like this.
  2. Johan Nel

Johan Nel Well-Known Member

Beautiful! Well done.

3. John Wilson

John Wilson Well-Known Member

looks great! If you had to guess, how many hours went into it?

4. Dennis Morland

Dennis Morland KNIFE MAKER

That is a great gift. Your father should have an awesome Christmas.

5. C Craft

C Craft Well-Known Member

Awesome somebody is gonna be ecstatic Christmas morning!!! That is a great look 2nd one or not!! I wouldn't have been able to tell if you hadn't said anything!!

6. KCorn

KCorn Well-Known Member

Thanks Guys! John, I really have no idea how many hours I have in it. I would guess probably 12-15. That does include starting over at one point on the liners as the set I originally made I scrapped because I had messed up one side when I relieved the liners.

7. John Wilson

John Wilson Well-Known Member

fantastic job. it came out super nice.

8. KCorn

KCorn Well-Known Member

Here is a view of most of the parts in various degrees of finish. Thought y'all might enjoy.
    [​IMG] where to host images

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Is that jeweled inside of liners? I like the looks - I'll have to remember that for my next slipjoint.

10. Craig

Craig KNIFE MAKER

Your Dad will be proud.

A couple down and many more to go.

11. KCorn

KCorn Well-Known Member

KenH- it is indeed jeweling. It was a good thought I think but it is very hard to see it once it's all put together. I just think it's kinda cool when people put in the work on the tiny details that may never be noticed. That being said I'm not sure I would do it again. Lol!

12. Oze

Oze Active Member

Great result. Hope mine comes out half as good as that. What did you use to make your pins from?

13. KCorn

KCorn Well-Known Member

Pivot pin was 1/8" 416 stainless and the spring pins were 3/32" of the same material. Good luck on your slippie. Let me know if I can be of any help!

14. Oze

Oze Active Member

Cheers. The pins are hardened presumably?

15. KCorn

KCorn Well-Known Member

Oze, the pins are used as is. They are not hardened. To my knowledge 416 pin stock can be hardened to some degree but does not come that way from most knife supply companies. Maybe someone else can comment on this?

16. Oze

Oze Active Member

OK. Thankyou.