My new CRG grinder

David Roeder

I've been making knives since 1996. Over the years I've been using mostly a Grizzly. It's on, and off... I've worked around burning handle material, overheating metal I'm holding onto, wrecked knives all because I had no control of the speed.

Recently I got a new grinder by CRG (Columbia River Grinder) and man o man, what a world of change. It's a real great machine and one I'm going to be using for years to come. I have a flat platten, 8" hollow grind attachment, small wheel attachment, tool rest, and a "tree" that holds the attachments when not being used. Boy I love it !!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 120
David,
The fact that you have made "most" of your knives on a single speed Grizzley speaks volumes to your skill.

I am sure it's like night & day having a grinder you can slow down and the small wheel adds even more.

Congrats on getting your new machine.

Sweet, years ago I went from a "full speed ahead" wilton square wheel to a variable bader III. Wow world of difference.

David, I agree with Laurence, to achieve the ABS Journeyman Level with the old Grizzley is an tall achievement. I can't wait to see what you can do now.

Back