My latest

It is frustrating because they’re still a ton of things that should’ve been better on this knife. Some mistakes could’ve been avoided easily but still trying to figure out my process

I'm looking but I can't seem to spot anything I don't like about that knife. How does it perform? I also like the job you did on the sheath, especially how you formed the belt loop.

Doug

A couple of thing s I see if I may comment, is that the right hand scales looks like it is not full to the tang on the end. Other thing I would rather have a 3 1/2 inch blade but that is my choice. It looks good just too long to my liking.

I'm looking but I can't seem to spot anything I don't like about that knife. How does it perform? I also like the job you did on the sheath, especially how you formed the belt loop.

Doug

thank you sir! Seems to perform well I was able to get it shaving sharp which is something I’ve never been able to do before so that was kind of exciting. Also took a good chunk of my Knuckle Off So I would say it performs nicely.Thank you for the compliment on the belt loop I will be stitching it a little different in the future for a better strength but I do like the look and will do something similar in the future.
A couple of thing s I see if I may comment, is that the right hand scales looks like it is not full to the tang on the end. Other thing I would rather have a 3 1/2 inch blade but that is my choice. It looks good just too long to my liking.
you are absolutely right the tang is the tiniest bit proud on the back end. I tried a different fitting up process that messed me up on that a little bit. I completely agree on the lenght it was the last thing in the world I wanted to make but I made this for a family member that doesn’t have long left and all he wanted was a 6 inch drop point hunter So I did my best to oblige.
Thank you for your input gentleman.

It is frustrating because they’re still a ton of things that should’ve been better on this knife. Some mistakes could’ve been avoided easily but still trying to figure out my process

Looking good Daniel. When you can please yourself you are well on your way!

Nice looking knife Daniel, and that handle is beautiful! Love the grain, especially on the right side.

9B819B3B-5C61-4157-B45C-4F0776C49621.jpeg

So, I already told I like it!! you done real good. now I got a question after taking a second look at the knife and the pic above something caught my eye! Where did you get the point protector? Or did you make it? I have split vinyl tubing but, I only use to protect me from the edge/point while working on the blade because it has to be taped on. That one looks like it fits well

So, I already told I like it!! you done real good. now I got a question after taking a second look at the knife and the pic above something caught my eye! Where did you get the point protector? Or did you make it? I have split vinyl tubing but, I only use to protect me from the edge/point while working on the blade because it has to be taped on. That one looks like it fits well

Good ol USAknifemakers has them. Super cheap to

Back