My latest sheath covers

HELLGAP

Dealer - Purveyor
Ive been tying to carve , the colored flower is the second flower and my first attempt at coloring multiple colors. Ive been doing some ostrich and black stingray inlays. Trying to mix it up. Im doing the fronts ready to be stitched on so once im donr a knife I can match up a sheath pretty quick and if I need to alter it slightly its ok. I am also going to make some bird /trout knives thus the little sheath. My stamping is improving I have done a few more basket weave and I found the smaller is much easier to work with. Later and Happy new year. View attachment 37476View attachment 37477View attachment 374782012 knife sheaths 019.jpgView attachment 374802012 knife sheaths 021.jpgView attachment 37482View attachment 374832012 knife sheaths 024.jpgView attachment 37485

Looks like your coming along well! As the old saying goes, practice practice practice. :biggrin:

One thing that sticks out to me is some of your frames are thicker toward the top and thinner at the bottom, is this on purpose? It happens to me when I mis measure the blank and it ends up short so the tip of the sheath has a thinner width, then I cut another in frustration. :34:

Dwayne I make alot of drop point type skinners some wyomming type skinners but mostly larger drop points . I am sketching up a new line of knives to grind as most my blades ive made are huge by most peoples standards. The finished blade size is like 9 x 1.5 and about 5/32 thick .I really prefer a blade that has a slight taper to the point but lots of people like small skinners 7 inches long 1 1/8 wide blade like 3 inches long. So I am making a better variety of sheaths to fit blades in the future. I also never mentioned these sheaths have no knives so I can make the blade to fit the sheath . I know its a little ass backwards but Im not in any shape to grind steel and doing sheaths is something to get me motivated to grind some blades. I had to re edit the original post because it lacked the right responce. later kellyw

Last edited:
Back