My latest project

C Craft

I build my knives of out my one car garage so space is a premium. Plus I have a bad back so pretty much everything in the garage is on wheels. I needed a way to store my propane tanks so that they did not reside in the garage. I can now store them in the storage shed away from the house. Here they are at the storage shed!

Forgecarrier005.jpg

I prefer not to have propane tanks in the garage as there are some small cans of flammables such as acetone, and a few others in a storge cabinet in the garage.

So I devised a carrier that I can wheel in and out of the storage shed. When I need it for the forge all I have to do is grab the dolly and roll it right to the forge which I generally use on the driveway of the garage.

Forgecarrier004.jpg

It is formed out of 3/8” square tubing which I bent with my homemade bender (in the pic below) and welded up to form the carrier.

Forgecarrier006.jpg

I painted a couple of red marks on the back of the carrier which allows me to automatically center up the dolly and I left the center leg out from under the back side to allow me to wheel right into it and bungee it too the dolly.

Forgecarrier003.jpg

The carrier will protect the bottles, the manifold as well as the line that feeds to the forge. There is a regulator on the forge line so I don’t have to worry about it. I think this is going to work well as it allows me to move both bottles easily and I also don’t have to worry about anything getting messed up in the process! It will fit through a 2' 8" door. which is what the back door to my garage is so I can pretty much wheel it any where the need arises!

VERY cool !

Don't say this on the Ole forums much but.... Nice Rack !

One of my favorite tools in the shop is my Lincoln Mig welder just for this reason. When you need something -build it !

I'm not sure which I like better at this point. The propane rack or the homemade bender.

Take care- Josh

Well Josh I have to say "nice rack" is a term I had never thought of in conjunction with myself!:les::biggrin::biggrin: But it works well I can leave the bottles maifolded together and not have to worry too much. Roll it out of the shed to the forge and hook up the hose, check for leaks and you are good to go. The thing I like the most about it is that I don't have to have the bottles in my garage, somehow the "big bang theory" always kind of worried me! I just could envison a leak and the gas building and a spark igniting it! So if the storage shed becomes the next lauch for NASA that doesn't worry so much!:what!::biggrin:

The homemade bender comes from being a packrat. I was driving by a site one day where someone had been having a side of the road yard sale for a couple of days. When I noticed a piece of exercise equipment sticking out of a dumpster that had been behind where the guy was having the sale.
It was one of those ski type exercisers that the guy had up for sale two days before that. Well I could see the potential of those nicely bearinged arms and the steel has contributed to more than one project! It doesn't work for anything over 3/8" too well and as you can see it doesn't make a perfect radius but it works!:cool:

Now I am jealous a mig welder. I learned on a stick welder and thinwall tubing is a challange on it but with a few tricks it really does the job, and especially since it is AC DC :what!: and there is no joke there!:biggrin:

Last edited:
Back