My KITH knife

Kev

I finished this knife quite a while ago, and I was waiting to exchange it before showing the finished product. I’ve been unable to reach my designated tradee, and I’m just praying he is okay. That said I’m kinda proud of how it turned out so I wanted to show it off. The blade is 52100 from AKS. The handle is Turkish (I believe) Walnut from the broken stock of a Holland & Holland double rifle in .450 Nitro. The guard is cold blued 1018, and fittings are brass and buffalo horn.
8579C743-5F78-4E56-AF1E-D681421D9940.jpeg

Beautiful knife Kev! Strange that you couldn’t get in touch with the guy. He certainly missed out on a great knife. Like you, hope everything is ok with him.

I pray the original recipient is OK and has perhaps gotten out of the hobby for a while. That being said if he does not show up I will volunteer to trade you a nice Damascus Skinner I have made for the knife you made. That way you still get to participate albeit a little late. I always like the KITH exchange and I really like seeing other people's work for myself. If you choose to keep it and sell it that is fine as well I just thought I would try to help if I can. I know you put Special effort into that blade because it was to go to another maker. Its a great knife.

Last edited:
I pray the original recipient is OK and has perhaps gotten out of the hobby for a while. That being said if he does not show up I will volunteer to trade you a nice Damascus Skinner I have made for the knife you made. That way you still get to participate albeit a little late. I always like the KITH exchange and I really like seeing other people's work for myself. If you choose to keep it and sell it that is fine as well I just thought I would try to help if I can. I know you put Special effort into that blade because it was to go to another maker. Its a great knife.
That's a nice offer Chris. I had thought about making a trade offer too but I don't have anything ready that I think would be a fair trade.

Thank you for the offer, that’s very kind. I’m almost certain he’s fallen ill. Both of us where behind by a few days, and when we last talked he was recovering from a hospital stay, but was feeling better.
If you don’t mind post a picture of your blade or send it to me in a PM.
Thanks

The handle is Turkish (I believe) Walnut from the broken stock of a Holland & Holland double rifle in .450 Nitro.
I found a broken stock (unsure of the rifle it came from) and noticed it was walnut and decided to save it for handles. Funny - just last night I started cutting into it. I have another one, but I think it's hickory with just a dark stain. Here's a sample of what I cut last night.

001 (2).jpg

That's a beautiful knife all around. I think you really did justice to the material - an inspiring knife.

Thank you for the offer, that’s very kind. I’m almost certain he’s fallen ill. Both of us where behind by a few days, and when we last talked he was recovering from a hospital stay, but was feeling better.
If you don’t mind post a picture of your blade or send it to me in a PM.
Thanks
Will do.

Back