MY FIRST SLIPJOINT

john smith

This is my first attempt at a folder but it is knife # six that I have made by hand. It took awhile to finish and had a few mistakes along the way. The nailnick ended up being very large. I did not like the pattern on the scales so I sanded them down to a smooth finish, amber bone.
I peen the pivot point a little to tight.
please give me your opinions good and bad.
This is my first knife showing here with knife dogs, but some of you know me from the knife network.
4" closed
7" OAL
1095 steel 3/32"
nickel/silver soldered bolster
.040 brass liners
hand peined brass pins

Attachments

• trapper7.jpg
    trapper7.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 77
  • trapper13.jpg
    trapper13.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 95
  • trapper14.jpg
    trapper14.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 90
thanks for your comments, I'll have to do another, I don't know if it's pride or stupidty that makes me do this.

thanks for your comments, I'll have to do another, I don't know if it's pride or stupidty that makes me do this.

Its crazy to take pride in a craft that's so humbling.....don't you think! Just when I get all filled up on complements.... (Mostly from people who haven't a clue about what they're looking at!) I go back to the shop do something stupid and have to throw a knife in the trash and start over.
All that aside, you've got a great looking knife there and they will only get better.2thumbs

Its crazy to take pride in a craft that's so humbling.....don't you think! Just when I get all filled up on complements.... (Mostly from people who haven't a clue about what they're looking at!) I go back to the shop do something stupid and have to throw a knife in the trash and start over.
All that aside, you've got a great looking knife there and they will only get better.2thumbs

Yes this craft does make you humble in one second and prideful in another I have several peices laying around that I have made mistakes on!

That is a very nice knife. Proportions are good, profile nice. Overall that is a job well done. If you don't like it you can always send it to me.

Pat

Back